Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Why don't I do this everyday?

That was the thought that kept running through my mind on the treadmill today.  It had been a full week since I had been to the gym and I was dreading it.  I was exhausted.  Work was awful.  I have blisters on both of my heels from the new pumps I wore over the weekend (stupidly, to a concert, where I stood for three hours, OY). I ate a thousand girlscout cookies since I got home on Sunday.  The list goes on and on and on....

Only, it wasnt awful, it was great.  My legs felt fresh, I was jamming to my music, my heels felt okay, and honestly the 35 minutes kinda flew by.  And as I kicked the speed up to a 6.3 (gasp! I know!) just for the fun of it, I thought, WHY don't I do this everyday?  Why do I make the excuses?

I finished up my workout with 20 minutes on the elliptical and even THAT was enjoyable.  Maybe it was the week off, maybe it was the endorphins, but I felt glad to be there.  And maybe next time I try to make excuses I can come back and read this post.

OH! Also, while I was on the elliptical watching the Food Network, Ina Garten made this and I nearly died.  It sounded so fancy and looked so amazing that I think I must make it immediately.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/honey-vanilla-fromage-blanc-recipe/index.html

Depending on the price of fromage blanc, naturally.

Does anybody else watch Food Network at the gym?

What's your favorite girlscout cookie?
Mine are Tagalongs, ohhhhh boy are they heavenly.  But I also love the Shortbread and Samoas.  Oh! And Thin Mint!

I have a little bit of a cookie problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment