Friday, February 11, 2011

A Lurker becomes a Blogger

I came to the realization this week that I have been actively lurking in the blogging community for longer than I'd care to admit.

It started about 3 years ago, at least, when I stumbled on carrotsncake.com.  I had just started running, if you can even call it that, and taking my health seriously, and I was searching for a little advice and maybe a sense of community while sitting at my lonely desk in Chicago.  Oh boy did I find it.  I became obsessed with her blog roll, linking me to more bloggers who then lead me to even MORE and MORE blogs!! Here I am, years later, trying to navigate through this crazy quarter life crisis, finding my sanity and my inspiration for so many things in this wonderful community that I've become part of.

Only, really, I HAVENT become part of it.  Because I lurk, I barely comment, and the one or two emails I have send to bloggers made me anxious for days!  How could I dare email these women who have inspired me so much!  Given me so much great advice!

Well blog land, I'm tired of lurking, of being a spectator, I can contribute to this community that I adore! It's not going to be pretty, or grammatically correct, but gosh darnit if I won't at least try.

I owe you all that much at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment